At Consultant-in-ENT, we understand going to a specialist can be a daunting experience, which is why we have made it easy for you to know what to expect from your initial visit…
On your first visit it is best to allow at least one hour for your initial consultation appointment, in case there are any delays. We understand that your time is valuable, and while our ultimate goal is to ensure patients are seen at their scheduled appointments, sometimes it is unpredictably necessary that some patients require more time, and there may be medically urgent situations Mr Harris has to deal with that cannot wait. Please allow sufficient time for this when making your appointment. Your patience and understanding should this occur is greatly appreciated.
How to prepare for your visit…
It is important to bring along as much information as possible, which should include:
- Your referral (if you have one)
- A list of all medications you are currently taking.
- A copy of any investigations you have had such as hearing tests, blood results, allergy tests, sleep studies, X-Rays,CT or MRI scans taken within the last year specific to the condition we are seeing you for (not just the reports, but also the films which are usually provided on a disc, if possible).
- A family member to take notes/help with questions especially if there is hearing loss or a speech barrier.
- Leave yourself plenty of time for your new patient appointment. This will help to lower stress levels and make you more relaxed during your appointment.
Mr Harris has a vast experience and a deep understanding of conditions of the ear, nose and throat in children and adults. He prides himself on being a good listener. Your first consultation will involve a detailed discussion of your medical history. It may involve a hearing assessment, or an investigative examination of your ears using microsuction, or of your nose and/or your throat using nasendoscopy. Procedures will be discussed with you in detail before a decision is made and you can change your mind at any time. You will receive a full report of the consultation within a week.
In every clinic, Mr Harris works with an audiologist trained and able to perform hearing assessment and investigations in adults and children. To learn more about the audiology team click here.
Mr Harris has dedicated Paediatric ENT clinics in both his NHS and private practice. A third of his patients, outpatient and surgical are children and babies. Mr Harris sees children of all ages.
He has an excellent reputation for putting children and families at ease. To create as positive and safe an experience as possible for children, Mr Harris also has a dedicated paediatric nurse in many of his private clinics, and a paediatric audiologist to assess hearing in a one-stop appointment in all of his clinics. Although an initial assessment can be made, children aged 3 and under may need further age-appropriate testing, called Visual Reinforcement Audiometry, which we are able to arrange for you.